Is Online Learning Right For You?
Take a quiz to find out if Online Learning is right for you.
Find Out Now
Online courses are ideal for students who cannot participate in classes on campus but still want to further their education. Online courses are not self-paced, but they are a flexible and convenient option for many students.
Northampton offers two types of online learning courses:
- Internet-only courses are offered 100% online and have section labels that begin with "W" or "V" in the course catalog. Sections labeled with "W" begin at the start of a semester and "V" sections, unless otherwise indicated, begin 6 weeks later.
- Hybrid courses combine online interaction, assignments, and assessments with some on-campus meeting times. These courses include some of the science courses in biology and chemistry. Hybrid courses are denoted with sections beginning with "T" for Bethlehem Campus and "7" for Monroe Campus in the course catalogue.
To take online courses at NCC, you will need a computer with an Internet connection and an email account. Please note that NCC cannot take responsibility for any technical problems that you may experience during the semester. You may use the computers that are available at any of the college's campuses.
Some courses used additional web-based supplements, such as MyMathLab® and Blackboard Collaborate®. Students will receive information from their instructors on how to use these programs.
As part of NCC's initiative to improve student success and academic integrity, all online students are required to verify their student identity. Federal regulations require that all institutions must verify that the student who registers in an online learning course is the same student who participates in and completes the course.
All online students are required to create a biometric password using a tool called Biometric Signature ID (BioSig-ID). This password cannot be replicated by someone else. At various points throughout the course a student will be prompted to validate his/her identity.
BioSig-ID Enrollment Process:
- Watch How To Enroll.
- Check that you have these items ready:
- Government Photo Identification (High School Photo ID for students under 18 is acceptable)
- Reliable internet connection
- Working computer webcam - only required once. No webcam options
For more info and tips, read the BioSig-ID Quick Start Guide