High School Students
- Do you know exactly what you want to study or do you need time to explore some options? Northampton is a smart choice in both cases.
- Are you planning to earn a four-year degree or is a two-year associate's or professional certificate your goal? With 100 programs of study to choose from and credits that transfer easily to other colleges and universities, NCC is the place for you.
- Are you a high school junior or senior looking to earn college credit? Northampton's concurrent and dual enrollment options can help you get a jump start on your college education.
Northampton has an open admissions policy, which means that if you are graduating with a high school diploma or have a GED, and you follow our procedures, you will be admitted to the college to begin your studies.
It all starts with Northampton's standard application form and a $25 non-refundable fee. Everyone wishing to take courses for college credit at NCC -- including all degree and certificate programs -- needs to take this initial step.
You can submit your application to the college's Main Campus Admissions Office, the Monroe Campus Enrollment Office, or right here online.
Take It To The Next Level
Once you've completed your application form, there are a few more steps you may need to take:
You're In! Now What?
- Meet with an Academic Advisor. An advisor will review your placement test scores, discuss your educational goals, and assist you in choosing classes that fit your needs. This may happen at a New Student Orientation or at another time. Learn more about the Academic Advising office.
- Register. It's time to plan your class schedule. New students can register in person, by fax or by mail. After your first semester, you'll be able to register online.
- Pay your tuition. Bills are handled through the college's Bursar's Office. There are a variety of payment options, including enrolling in an interest-free payment plan.
- Buy your books. Bring your course schedule with you to one of NCC's campus bookstores and the staff will help you find what you need. You can also purchase your books online.
- Go to class. Throughout every stage of the admissions process, Northampton staff members and faculty have been available to help you. Now it's up to you to take the next step - through the doorway of your classroom.