In addition to ordinary materials, supplies, and textbooks purchased by all students, certain programs and courses require special materials, supplies or other items due to their specialized coursework. These may include small equipment and tools, uniforms and shoes, health insurance, health screening, immunizations, CPR or first Aid certification, background checks and clearances, etc. These costs are not charged directly by the College and require the student to make additional out-of-pocket purchases. The following is a list of these programs and an estimated additional out-of-pocket cost for each program.
- Accounting - $150.00
- Architecture/Interior Design - $1000.00
- Automobile Technology - $830.00
- Business Administration - $50.00
- Business Management - $50.00
- Culinary Arts - $465.00
- Dental Hygiene - $2695.00
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - $1406.00
- Early Childhood Education - $710.00
- Electrical Construction Management - $725.00
- Electronics Technology - $220.00
- Fine Arts - $1450.00
- Funeral Services - $400.00
- Hotel/Restaurant Management - $440.00
- Indoor Environmental Control-HVAC - $157.00
- Massage Therapy - $1944.00
- Medical Administrative Assistant - $950.00
- Medical assistant - $2688.00
- Middle Level Education - $50.00
- Nursing LPN - $1650.00
- Nursing RN - $1846.00
- Radiologic Technology - $1608.00
- Special Education/Paraeducator - $250.00
- Veterinary Technology - $1280.00
- Certified Pharmacy Technician -$105.00
- Emergency Medical Technician/Fire Rescue-$1311.00
- Nurse's Aid-$670.00
- Table Games-$150.00
- Truck Driving/CDL-$300.00
ARTA course electives: Costs range from $10 to $350 depending on the course. Contact the department or instructor for estimated costs.
MATH courses: Some math courses require a calculator or graphing calculator. Contact the department or instructor for type and estimated cost. Calculators are also available for use in the library or to rent from the NCC bookstore.
While NCC makes every effort to provide complete and current information on costs, the above is only an estimate and subject to change based on changes in instructor or program requirements. Estimates are based on minimum requirements; students who choose to upgrade purchases or services will be subject to higher costs.