Local, National and International Service Learning Projects
- Accounting students provide free tax preparation for fellow students and community members.
- Dental hygiene students educate the community through presentations to target group populations; support local non-profits through the Medically Complex Client course; host meals at a soup kitchen annually by planning, shopping, cooking and serving the clients; participate in the Health & Wellness Expo and state wide Sealant Saturday by providing oral cancer screenings.
- Sociology students helped rebuild New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina v Communications students support educational collaborations through an intercultural exchange program with Dine Community College in New Mexico.
- Communications, biotechnology, biological science, liberal arts, applied qualities and standards, business administration, fine arts and general studies students collaborated in a cross-disciplinary service trip to Peru where they constructed a wind turbine, providing electricity to a remote city in the mountains.
- Service trips to Ecuador and Costa Rica support educational opportunities for underserved youth