Demonstration Sites for Inclusive Child Care & Arts Integration
We offer professional development opportunities through demonstration visits to the Reibman Hall Children's Center. This is a four-star facility through Pennsylvania's Keystone Stars program and accredited by NAEYC and The Middle States Association for Colleges and Schools. Here, you can observe teachers utilizing strategies and techniques central to Art as a Way of Learning® and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) to plan and implement curriculum to models best practices.
Credit and Noncredit Courses and Workshops
- For Credentialed Directors
"Your Personal Best - A Leadership Experience" is the first in a series of programs designed to enhance understanding of best practices.
- For Keystone Stars Sites
- Strategic Planning
- Budgeting and Your Business Plan
- Risk Management Plans
- Budgeting for Small Centers
- Budgeting for Home-Based Child Care
- ERS Refreshers
For programs participating in Keystone STARS. For more information, check the Professional Development Calendar on the PA Keys to Quality Intranet at www.pakeys.org
- For programs offered by NCC and funded by the Northeast Regional Key visit upcoming classes page
- For customized workshops and seminars
All of the workshops, seminars, credit and noncredit courses listed here can be tailored to the needs of your program, and be offered at your site. For more information, call 610-332-6541, or e-mail specific questions.
Healthcare Education & Safety
- Early childhood Health and Safety
- AHA Pediatric First Aid for Child Care Practitioners
- Heartsaver CPR - Pediatric (infants and children)
- ECELS - Managing Illness
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Playground Safety
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Requirements
For more information, call 610-332-6541, or e-mail specific questions.
NCC has a long history of successfully supporting programs through accreditation processes.
- Accreditation Study Groups - for programs currently accredited and working to meet new standards, and for programs interested in becoming accredited.
Flyer for Upcoming AEYC Accreditation Study Group Forming August 2010
- Accreditation Mock On-Site Assessment Visits - can make practitioners more comfortable with the process, and identify ongoing quality improvements that you can make to meet the standards.
- Accreditation Resources
- Program and Classroom Portfolio Labels - templates for printing accreditation standard labels
- NAEYC Accreditation Plan Template - used to track your progress
Customized, individual, on-site consultation and resources to help you meet Keystone STARS Standards.
Individual and Small Group Consultation
Available on a wide range of topics, including practically any aspect of early childhood and school-age program operations. For more information, call 610-332-6541, or e-mail specific questions.
- Leadership - Mission, Vision and Values; Motivating Staff, Advisory Groups, Family and Community Involvement, Accreditation, Advocacy and Public Policy
- Management - Strategic, Risk Management, and Business Planning, Human Resource Management, Finances
- Learning Environments, Curriculum and Program - Arts Integration, Promoting Literacy through the Arts, Inclusive Practices, Environmental Rating Scales, Early Learning Standards, Observation and Assessment
Learning Communities of Practice
NCC can provide opportunities for colleagues with similar goals or dilemmas to engage in shared inquiry and learning. As a community of people with diverse expertise, they can create a shared knowledge to solve problems. For more information, call 610-332-6541.