An advantage of this program is Learning Applied by Students - LABS. LABS are integrated into all curriculum courses.
LABS provide you the opportunity to:
- Learn first-hand about children's development, interests and abilities
- Practice your teaching skills and strategies.
Five courses have LABS:
- EARL126 Early Childhood Arts
- EARL128 Infant-Toddler Development and Learning
- EARL208 Early Childhood Math
- EARL216 Early Childhood Literacy and Language
- EARL218 Early Childhood Science
All on-campus students are encouraged to do their LABS at an NCC Children's Center. If you are employed full-time in the early are and education professions, and/or are an online student living beyond a commuting distance, you may complete your lab assignment at your work site or at an approved program in your community.
- Each LAB course has 10 two-hour labs beginning week four and continuing through week 13.
- Classes with labs are two hours and 20 minutes.
- Weeks 14 and 15 can be lab make-up weeks.
- All students must complete 10 lab weeks and all assignments to receive credit for the course.
Labs are scheduled at the first class with the course instructor