The Pennsylvania Department of Education requires that all students participating in field experiences must provide the documentation listed below. Obtaining the following background clearances will require out of pocket expenses.
- PDE FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114): Details concerning the fingerprinting process are found at: http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
Follow PA Department of Education registration procedures and go to one of the fingerprinting locations listed. An unofficial copy of the clearance will be mailed to you by Cogent.
- The Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (Act 34): This clearance can be obtained by logging on to: https://epatch.state.pa.us
Select "Submit a New Record Check" (do NOT click the link for "volunteers") and complete the required information. Print the certificate form displaying the Pennsylvania state seal.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151): Start by creating your "Individual Account" and "Keystone ID" at this website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania Online Training (Act 31): http://www.ReportAbusePa.Pitt.edu
Complete this FREE training and print the certificate of completion.
- PA Department of Education Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24).
- A TB (Tuberculin) skin test is required and is available at the NCC Main Campus Health Center for a nominal fee.
*Two additional requirements for Early Childhood Education Students:
- Two letters of reference (must be from non-family members) stating your suitability for working with children.
- NCC ECE Health Form (required every two years).
NCC requires all students to submit required clearances via the online system MyRecordTracker. After enrolling in education courses you will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org with important instructions on how to access and create an account. Any student who does not have the completed clearances uploaded into their MyRecordTracker account within one week of the start of classes will be withdrawn from the course(s). DO NOT send clearances to NCC.
Pennsylvania Students Currently Working in a Child Care Setting
PA students currently working in a child care center will upload verification of PA health and background checks when requested.
Students Living Outside of Pennsylvania
Out of state residents must meet the background check requirements for their state. It is the student's responsibility to check specific requirements. Verification of health and background checks must be uploaded when requested.