Expanded Degree Offerings
For the past twenty years, NCC Monroe has provided students from all walks of life the opportunity to pursue a college education. Successful graduates have put their education to work throughout the county in health care, education and business.
The new campus will enable the college to serve even more students with expanded degree and certificate programs to support the region's economic growth.
The new Monroe Campus offers more technology and computer-based programs, expanded art programs and will engage and empower the public through a wide array of community education (CMED) courses.
Both the Monroe Campus and the Main Campus in Bethlehem offer the courses required to earn an:
- Associate in Arts degree (A.A.)
- Associate in Science degree (A.S.)
- Associate in Applied Science degree (A.A.S.)
- certificate or specialized diploma in a variety of programs
You can choose to attend both campuses or take classes one or two days a week at the Main Campus. Nearly 30 programs can be completed entirely at the Monroe Campus. Or, you can take advantage of the more than 100 programs of study available at the Main Campus.
Located just over 30 miles south of Tannersville, the Main Campus
- serves over 36,000 students a year
- maintains a low student/faculty ratio of 22/1
- has recently added programs such as Environmental Science, Licensed Massage Therapy and Hospitality Management
What else will the two campuses have in common?
- Outstanding faculty, including two Pennsylvania Professors of the Year
- Student clubs geared to almost any interest you can imagine
- A strong track record in helping students achieve their goals, as evidenced by national recognition as an "Achieving the Dream" leader college
- A launching pad for the future: 90% of graduates in career programs report finding employment in their field or in another position of their choice within a year of graduation. Those whose goal is to continue their education have been accepted to some of the top colleges and universities in the country
- Student leadership programs and academic honors programs
- An exciting selection of speakers, theatrical performances, art exhibits, and sporting events
If your goal is to continue your education, recent NCC graduates have
transferred to over 90 colleges including Lafayette, Lehigh, NYU, ESU, Colorado State, Pitt, Temple, DeSales, Georgetown, Kutztown, LSU and Penn State.