Northampton Community College is an open admissions institution for all students that have a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma. All international students can contact the Admissions Office or Patrice Boulous PBoulous@northampton.edu or Manuel Gonzalez MGonzalez@northampton.edu for an international student packet. Students are required to submit an application form and application fee of $25, official transcripts, a Certification of Finances Form, and a bank letter. The preferred deadlines are July 1st for the Fall semester and November 1st for the Spring semester. However, all applications will be considered upon submission.
How To Apply
Any student who is or intends to be in the United States on a student visa (F-1) is considered an international student. In order to issue the application for the student F-1 Visa (SEVIS I-20 form), you must submit the following documents:
- Application for admission (can be completed on our website: www.northampton.edu)
- Completed application form
- $25.00 application fee
- Fall applications preferred by July 15th and Spring by November 15th
- Transcripts of High School and College Work. These records must include proof of graduation from high school or higher translated into English. Upon acceptance, transcripts can be evaluated by either World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). However, evaluations are not required for admissions unless applying for a selective admission program (Culinary Arts, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Sonography, Funeral Services, Medical Assistant, Nursing, Radiography, Sports Medicine and Veterinary Technician).
- Proof of Financial Support. The student must prove that they have funds readily available to them for educational expenses. Please check the website at northampton.edu for the most current total cost of education. Acceptable sources of financial resources are saving accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts and certificates of deposit. If student is not being charged rent (or room and board), a letter must be submitted documenting such and student will only need to show $ 16,300.00 in readily available funds.
- "Certification of Finances" form that confirms that the sponsor understands the total cost of education and has adequate funds to carry themselves under normal conditions through the full program
- A letter from a bank official or bank statements must accompany all figures indicated on the "Certification of Finances" form for verification of at least the first academic year. However, all documents must be dated within 6 months of application.
You should apply to the College at least sixty (60) days before the start of the semester in which you plan to enroll. Once all of the required documents are received, you will be issued the necessary I-20 form. As an international student, you will be considered out-of-the-country for residency purposes for the entire period of your enrollment at the Community College. You must maintain full-time status by enrolling in no less than 12 credit hours per semester. You will be required to purchase insurance. Northampton does not require entrance tests such as TOEFL, SAT, or ACT.