NCC Partnering with Local Industry Leaders to Provide Job Training
Northampton Community College and local business partners are teaming to provide clear pathways to immediate careers.
Newly redesigned and technology-enhanced degrees, diplomas and certificate options will provide job training in:
- Health Care Billing and Coding
- Health Care Office Specialist
- Health Care Office Coordinator
- Instrumentation Process Control
- Electromechanical Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Welding Fundamentals
- Welding and Fabrication
- Welding Technology
NCC students can take advantage of the PATH (Pennsylvania's Advanced Training and Hiring) program, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Education that will have long-term impact in strengthening the relationships between graduating students and local employers.
we have partnered with employers in a variety of ways, including providing input in curriculum development, identifying apprenticeship and internship opportunities, providing mentors, donating or loaning equipment, and giving hiring priority to students who complete the programs. The start of the program also coincides with a major upgrade to NCC's Hartzell Technology Hall, where courses in advanced manufacturing and welding will take place.
Local industry partners that are involved in the collaborative project include: Airgas, B. Braun Medical, Inc., Blue Mountain Health Systems, Fisher Clinical Services, Fresh Pet Kitchens, Just Born, Inc., K-Fab, Inc., Lehigh Valley Health Network, Linde Corporation, Machining Technologies, Mack Trucks, Martz Group, Medico Industries, Ocean Spray, Pocono Medical Center, St. Luke's Hospital Miners Campus, St. Luke's Physician Group, Victaulic, Walmart, and Waste Management.
* This program is funded in part/in whole by the U.S. Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration.
* PATH colleges and programs are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers & Programs. Auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.