The Health Care Office programs prepares you to accept the responsibilities and challenges expected of a skilled health care office professional in the vast medical field. Our programs have been endorsed by local health care employers in our service area. Health care office professionals ensure a well-run practice for physicians and patients in strict compliance with current health care laws. All healthcare office credits provide a pathway from the Specialized Diploma, into the Certificate and on to the the ASS Degree or into employment depending on the program chosen. Programs may be completed in as few as two, three, four or more semesters on either a full or part time time basis.
Recent job listings in the Lehigh Valley included:
- Community Health Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Units
- Outpatient Laboratory Centers
- Physician's Offices
- Urgent Care Centers
- Elder Care Facilities
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the appropriate documentation that is required for billing and reimbursement.
- Categorize patient health conditions and treatments to assign proper codes.
- Apply the appropriate coding system: ICD codes to diagnosis/procedures, HCPCS codes to medical equipment, supplies, etc., and CPT codes to procedures for health records and billing.
- Apply patient accounting principles and reimbursements.
- Analyze patient records to maximize reimbursement.
- Employ critical thinking skills for appropriate decision making.
- Display professional behaviors congruent with core values, standards, and ethics in healthcare
For More Information
Please contact the Program Coordinator or Division offices should you have questions.
* PATH colleges and programs are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers & Programs. Auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.