The demand for well-trained welding technicians who can fabricate and read blueprints is growing rapidly in the Lehigh Valley. NCC's new and improved welding programs allow students to acquire industry-recognized skills and the theoretical knowledge to be able to weld safely and effectively. All welding credits provide a pathway from the Specialized Diploma, into the Certificate and on to the AAS Degree or into employment depending on the program chosen. Programs may be completed in as few as two, three, four or more semesters on either a part time or full time basis.
Recent job listings in the Lehigh Valley included:
- Tradesmen International
- The Rose Corporation
- Trillium Construction Services
- Fronti Fabrications
- S&W Metal Products
- FIBA Technologies
- KB Systems, Inc.
- Myers Power Products, Inc.
- Clemens Food Group
- Lineage Logistics
- REEB Millwork Corporation
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program will:
- Demonstrate the proper use of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) in short circuit and spray transfer modes, Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), and Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) equipment
- Produce flat position padding and horizontal position tee joint fillet type welds with the GMAW, FCAW, and SAW processes that consistently meet the requirements of the American Welding Society
- Identify common GMAW, FCAW, and SAW discontinuities, explain what causes their occurrence and how they negatively impact the weld
- Demonstrate the proper use of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) equipment
- Identify common GTAW discontinuities; explain what causes their occurrence and how they negatively impact the quality of the weld
- Produce flat position padding with Torch Brazing (TB)
For More Information, Contact:
* PATH colleges and programs are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers & Programs. Auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.