The demand for well-trained welding technicians who can fabricate and read blueprints is growing rapidly in the Lehigh Valley.
NCC's new and improved Welding Fundamentals Specialized Diploma program allows students to acquire industry-recognized skills and the basic theoretical knowledge to be able to weld safely and effectively. All welding credits provide a pathway to employment or entry to the two-year AAS degree. A welding certificate may be completed in as few as three semesters.
Recent (Summer 2015) job listings in the Lehigh Valley included:
The Rose Corporation
Trillium Construction Services
S&W Metal Products
KB Systems, Inc.
Myers Power Products, Inc.
Clemens Food Group
REEB Millwork Corporation
Take the Next Step
Your Career in Welding
Students who complete the program will:
- Demonstrate the proper use of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) in short circuit and spray transfer modes, Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), and Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) equipment
- Produce flat position padding and horizontal position tee joint fillet type welds with the GMAW, FCAW, and SAW processes that consistently meet the requirements of the American Welding Society
- Identify common GMAW, FCAW, and SAW discontinuities, explain what causes their occurrence and how they negatively impact the weld
- Demonstrate the proper use of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) equipment
- Identify common GTAW discontinuities; explain what causes their occurrence and how they negatively impact the quality of the weld
- Produce flat position padding with Torch Brazing (TB)
Welding Career Paths
- Autobody Repairer
- Business Owner
- Maintenance Repair Technician
- Welding Assistant
- Welder Fabricator
Degrees We Offer
- Associate in Applied Science | 2 years
- Certificate | 1.5 years
- Specialized Diploma | 1 year
* This program is funded in part/in whole by the U.S. Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration.
* PATH colleges and programs are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers & Programs. Auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.