Tuition Assistance

Apply to NCC

If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students. 

Apply To NCC

Free Driver Training

A  grant from the United States Department of Transportation enables NCC to offer free commercial truck driver training to current and former members of the military and their spouses. 

Learn More

The Tuition Assistance (TA) Program provides financial assistance to military personnel in support of their professional and personal self-development goals. Service members should coordinate or plan with education advisors or ESOs toward receiving approval from installation commander prior to enrolling.


  • Must be a registered student with a current tuition bill from an accredited school
  • For traditional part-time drilling soldiers, members on ADSW / ADT, or mobilized commissioned officers
  • Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG or reserves , even prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in High School
  • Officers must serve 4 years after course completion
  • Enlisted must remain in an actively drilling status within their unit during the term of the courses
  • Request a (personalized degree plan) from NCC academic advising in an electronic format


*TA operates on a limited budget and is NOT a guaranteed benefit. It is offered on a 'first come, first served' basis.*

  • 100% of tuition with the following caps: $250 per semester hour, and $167 per quarter hour.
  • $4,500 max per soldier, per Fiscal Year.  No fees are funded.
  • High School or equivalency level may be funded at 100% of tuition, but are still limited to the $4,500 annual cap.
  • May be used with the MGIB-Selected Reserve (SR) or MGIB-Active Duty (AD) but not for the same courses in the same semester: MGIB-SR participants must be enrolled at least 1/2 time or more to combine benefits; MGIB-AD participants who are drawing GI Bill-Kicker benefits are NOT eligible for ARNG TA
  • ARNG recommends that schools apply TA prior to Pell Grants, to allow for maximizing benefit for student financial needs

How to Apply

Active Duty Army, AGR, and Army National Guard or Army Reserves go to: and log in with user name and password or use CAC, Smart Card Log in.

All other Reserve Components - Contact your unit of assignment: - United States Air Force - Air Force Reserve - Air National Guard - United States Army - Army National Guard - United States Navy - United States Marine Corps - Department of Defense