Emergency Management Professional Development
The Center for Business & Industry - Corporate & Public Safety is pleased to be an approved training provider for Emergency Management continuing education and certification courses. Effective emergency management relies on thorough integration of emergency plans at all levels of government and non-government involvement. Activities at each level (individual, group, community) affect the other levels. It is common to place the responsibility for governmental emergency management with the institutions for civil defense or within the conventional structure of the emergency services. In the private sector, emergency management is sometimes referred to as business continuity planning.
Who should attend the EM training programs
- Pennsylvania 911 telecommunicators
- Pennsylvania municipal and county government
- School personnel with emergency management responsibilities
- Private industry
Benefits of training
- Professional development
- PEMA certification to advance career
Current course offering
Please click on course title for more information.
- G191 - ICS / EOC Interface Workshop (PDF)
- G202 - Debris Management Planning (PDF)
- G235 - Emergency Planning (PDF)
- G250.7 - Rapid Needs Assessment (PDF)
- G270.4 - Recovery from Disaster: The Local Government Role (PDF)
- G288 - Local Volunteer & Donations Management (PDF)
- G289 - Public Information Officer Awareness (PDF)
- G290 - Basic Public Information Officer (PDF)
- G291 - Joint Information System/Joint Information Center Planning for Tribal, State, and Local Public Information Officers (PDF)
- G361 - Flood Fight Operations (PDF)
- G366 - Planning for the Needs of Children in Disaster (PDF)
- G386 - Mass Fatalities Incident Response (PDF)
- G393 - Mitigation for Emergency Managers (PDF)
- G775 - EOC Management & Operations (PDF)
- L-146 Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) (PDF)
View the dates and locations.
This course is a cooperative agreement between Northampton Community College's Center for Business & Industry - Health & Safety and the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency. Courses are offered free of charge to all Commonwealth personnel with Emergency Management responsibilities at all levels of government, education, and private industry. Courses are requested and hosted by counties within the Commonwealth.
Request a program
To request a class be offered in your region, please contact Chris Post at 610.332.6584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or comments?
Email email@example.com or call 610.332.6584.