The curricula for the hospitality programs teach technique, concept and management skills while providing students with hands-on experience. Whether operating the college's on-site Hampton Winds gourmet restaurant, training at real casino table games or operating the simulation of a hotel front desk, students are encouraged to innovate, share ideas, lead and uphold high standards of customer service. As the industry continues to expand globally, career advancement opportunities will be available for those who thrive in a rapid-paced industry and enjoy interacting with others.
NCC Hospitality Management students have multiple opportunities to participate in events on and off campus. The events are student focused to assist with reaching industry professionals and four year universities. Below is a list of our featured events:
- Alumni Mixer
- College Previews
- Transfer Fair (PDF)
- NYC Hotel Experience
- Industry Speakers
- Career Symposium
- Industry Experiences
- Hotel Hershey Tour (PDF)
Affiliated Clubs and Organizations
- Eta Sigma Delta (ESD)
- Hospitality Club (Club FB)
The Hospitality Club is a group of students that want to learn more about the industry through volunteer work, industry partners, shadowing, and attending events. Fundraising is held every semester to assist with the expense for students to attend the National Restaurant Association Expo in Chicago, IL. Students gain valuable professional experience through the activities.
Hospitality Management has an opportunity for students to join a National Honor Society (Eta Sigma Delta). Students with 30 program credits and a GPA of 3.0 are eligible to join.
Students use their creative talents to display their knowledge in Convention Services and Catering. Check out our student videos below:
- RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) Certification
- Cvent Certification (Event Travel Software)
- AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) Guest Service Gold Certification
- AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) Human Resources Certification
- HIFIA training and certification of Hotel Analytics through STR (Smith Travel Research)
- Socialtables (event diagramming, seating, design)