Take the Next Step
Want to speed up the time it takes to earn a college degree and reduce how much it costs? Interested in improving your academic performance in both high school and college? Northampton Community College has partnered with local school districts to provide students the opportunity to earn college credits while in high school. Dual enrollment through NCC's College Connections program gives students a first-hand look at what college courses will be like, and allows them to accelerate their college career, making it more likely they will earn their college degree.
What is Dual Enrollment?
Recent studies show that students who participate in dual enrollment programs like NCC's College Connections are more likely to graduate from high school, and succeed in college. The largest percentage of NCC's College Connections students excel here and continue on to obtain their four-year college and university degrees. And dual enrollment can improve your college readiness no matter what your grades are today. For the most academically prepared students, the NCC Honors Program offers even more advantages.
Why should you participate in Dual Enrollment at NCC?
- Dual enrollment at NCC gives you the chance to learn what it takes to be successful in college.
- Dual enrollment students get a first-hand look at how college courses compare to high school, and college credits earned transfer to many four year colleges, reducing your college costs.
- Dual enrollment students only pay credit tuition fees, meaning all associated fees outside of the credits you are taking are waived. Click here for full tuition and payment information.
- Dual enrollment at NCC allows you to earn college transferable credits before enrolling in a degree program so you can graduate from college early or on time!
- Dual enrollment can offer a chance for students who may not have taken AP or honors classes to demonstrate a more rigorous course load on their transcripts.
Steps to Becoming a Dual Enrollment Student at Northampton Community College
- Complete and sign the attached Dual Enrollment Application. Be sure to have your Parent/Guardian and School Counselor/Principal sign as well.
- Complete and sign the Dual Enrollment Student Release of Information form.
- Complete the NCC Admissions Application (we will waive the $25 fee).
- Submit the above paperwork to your School Counselor, and request a copy of your high school transcript (with SAT/ACT scores if available).
Please note: All documents must be delivered together to 1: Your College Connections Specialist (stationed in Monroe and Northampton County High Schools) or 2: the Student Enrollment Center/Admissions Office on either campus.
Your College Connections Specialist and/or Admissions Counselor will be in touch with you to:
- Review your dual enrollment application;
- Take the NCC English or Math placement test if necessary;
- Schedule classes by completing a Credit Registration Form and explain how to purchase textbooks;
- Explain when tuition is due, and how to submit payment;
- Direct you how to obtain an NCC photo ID.